Columbus County Emergency Services number 910-640-6610
SHELTER INFORMATION in response to Hurricane Florence:
Columbus County will be opening the following shelters starting at 9 am on 9/12/2018:
-Edgewood Elementary (317 E Calhoun St, Whiteville, NC)
-Guideway Elementary (11570 Swamp Fox Hwy E, Tabor City, NC)
-East Columbus High School (32 Gator Lane, Lake Waccamaw, NC)
-West Columbus High School (7294 Andrew Jackson Hwy SW, Cerro Gordo, NC)
-South Columbus High School (40 Stallion Dr, Tabor City, NC)
***Edgewood Elementary will be the only designated pet friendly shelter as well as the only shelter that will be equipped to provide oxygen
*Residents who require assistance at home with personal care, feeding, wound care; or who are bed bound, MUST have their caregiver accompany them to continue providing this care. If you use any special medical equipment such as an oxygen machine, nebulizers please bring them with you.
*Please remember to bring the following items with you to the shelter;
• Personal Medicines/ Medical Supplies/ Bottled Water
• Ready to Use Baby Formula/Milk/ Snacks/Treats. Please make sure all food is prepackaged, ready to use; no home cooked foods.
• Canned Foods/Can Opener/ Diapers/Wipes
• Toilet Paper
• Feminine Products/ Flashlight/ Batteries
• Soap (liquid)
• Paper Towels
• Tissue/ Toothbrush/Toothpaste/ Brush/Comb/Pillow/Blanket
• 2-3 Days Change of Clothes/ Dentures/Dental Adhesive/Glasses/Contacts
• Hearing Aids/ Radio
• First Aid Supplies
• Air Mattress/Sleeping Bag/ Reading Material/Games
• Important papers, driver’s license, identification.
*If you are bringing pets, make sure that you bring any food or necessary items for their care.